- 1 Butternut squash with a large shaft or two medium-sized butternut squashes
- 1 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 – 4 Cups beet greens, your choice of color, washed well and roughly chopped
- ¾ Cup of pomegranate arils
- 2 tsp. balsamic reduction (see: Simple Balsamic Reduction recipe)
- Salt to taste
- PREHEAT oven to 475 degrees.
- BRING medium pot of salted water to boil.
- PREPARE a bowl with ice and water.
- SLICE the bulb of the butternut squash off and reserve for another meal.
- SLICE the butternut stem off the shaft and peel the skin completely.
- USING your spiralizer, make into noodles.
- TOSS to coat the noodles with avocado oil and salt.
- SPREAD the noodles out on a large parchment lined baking sheet.
- BAKE for approximately 5 minutes until cooked but still al dente.
- ADJUST to broil for 1-2 minutes, watching the entire time for delightful crispy bits.
- REMOVE sheet pan from the oven, allow to cool.
- BLANCH chopped beet greens in salted boiling water for 1 minute, then shock in ice bath.
- REMOVE from ice once cooled, dry the greens on a clean dish cloth.
- ONCE noodles are cooled, compile salad in a serving dish with the greens and arils.
- TOSS with olive oil and salt.
- DRIZZLE with balsamic reduction.