This recipe for Whole30 Stuffed Dates uses Chomps Grass fed Sea Salt Beef sticks, nut based Whole30 Compatible ‘ricotta cream cheese,’ medjool dates, balsamic drizzle and pistachio dust to create a family friendly snack that is satisfying for everyone.
- 2 Sea Salt Chomps, finely chopped – Sea Salt or Original are the flavors I’d recommend for this recipe
- 4 Ounces Nut Based Ricotta or Cream Cheese – There are several brands, check the ingredients to ensure they are Whole30 compatible. The ‘ricotta’ gives the appetizer a lighter, and fluffier texture.
- 2 Tbsp Pistachios – Crushed pistachios add crunch and color to the stuffed dates
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Reduction – This sweet, sticky balsamic reduction gives the stuffed dates something special in flavor and appearance
- 8 Medjool Dates– Medjool dates are plump which make them perfect for stuffing
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bring 1 cup of compatible balsamic vinegar (only naturally occurring sulfites) to a rapid boil for 3 minutes. Reduce to a simmer for approximately 10-12 minutes until the volume is reduced by ½ to ⅓. Remove it from heat and as it cools it will thicken. Drizzle this to level up salads, soups, stews during Whole30.
- Cut the dates in half lengthwise and remove the pit. These Stuffed Dates are very rich so halves are ideal.
- Finely chop up the Chomps. Add the nut-based ricotta or cream cheese to the chopped Chomps. Using a rubber spatula, mix the ingredients until combined fully.
- Using a small spoon or knife, fill the date halves with the filling and place on the parchment paper.
- Once the dates are all filled, transfer the sheet pan to the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, depending on the size of the dates. Finish with 1 minutes under the broiler for a little color, watching the dates closely.
- Top the dates with a little sprinkle of pistachio dust over top of each half, followed by a gentle drizzle of balsamic reduction and serve immediately.