You’ll love using this recipe to make easy, homemade and budget friendly compound butter (ghee). This compound butter is rich in flavor while also being easy to make, and endlessly customizable. This herbed compound butter is perfect to top grilled vegetables, roasted poultry or grilled steak to add an extra special visual and flavor element.
- ½ cup unsalted Whole30 ghee (or butter if you prefer)
- 2 tsp chives, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp shallot, minced
- ½ tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- ½ tsp thyme, destemmed
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- Or, any of your favorite flavorful additions such as: fresh herbs, sea salt, smoked salt, granulated garlic, turmeric, ginger, pepper or go a sweet route with cinnamon, cardamom, coconut sugar, cacao.
- Soften the ghee slightly. Add all the other ingredients to it and mix well with a rubber spatula. Spoon the mixture out into a straight line in parchment paper. Roll into a log and twist the ends to make it taught. Refrigerate for at least an hour until hardened.
- Slice into rounds to add atop a steak, over grilled vegetables or even to serve with bread!
- Category: Whole30
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American