- 12 eggs, cooked medium and peeled
- 2 pounds ground dark meat ground turkey (you can substitute preferred ground meat)
- ¼ cup caramelized onions, very small dice
- ½ cup Fuji apple, very small dice
- ¼ cup of fresh sage, minced
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- PREHEAT the oven to 350 degrees
- LINE a baking sheet with parchment paper
- USE your preferred method to cook eggs to medium and peel the shells.
- MIX together the ground turkey, onions, apple, sage, salt, pepper and spices until incorporated.
- USE a ½ Cup measuring utensil to measure out a scant ½ cup of the meat mixture.
- PAT the mixture into a flat patty, approximately ¼- ½” thick, and place the egg in the middle.
- CAREFULLY encase the egg with the meat, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- CONTINUE this process until all 12 eggs are covered in the meat.
- SPREAD the eggs out on the baking sheet ensuring they aren’t touching.
- BAKE for 15-18 minutes, testing one to check for preferred yolk doneness.
- COOL and then store in a sealed container in the cooler.
*Serving suggestion: Heat up in a cast iron skillet with a little avocado oil or ghee and top with your favorite hot sauce and fresh herbs.