This delicious Top Sirloin Steak Stir Fry recipe combines tender steak and your favorite vegetables in a sticky sweet and savory sauce sweetened only with juice. It’s a healthy and delicious weeknight family meal that rivals takeout. Serve it with rice, cauliflower rice or all on its own. Whole30 option is included!
- 2–3 tablespoon avocado oil, as needed
- 1 ½ pounds top sirloin steak, highly recommend Country Natural Beef
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and sliced into 2 inch pieces on a bias
- ¾ pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, sliced into ½ inch strips
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup tamari * substitute for coconut aminos if doing Whole30
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger root
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup cashews, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt & Pepper
1. Remove your top sirloin steak from the fridge. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the steak against the grain while still chilled. Season with kosher salt and cracked pepper. Let it come toward room temperature.
2. Add all the sauce ingredients into a large jar with a tight fitting lid. Shake the jar very well until mixed thoroughly.
3. Preheat a large skillet then drizzle in enough avocado oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Once heated, add the mushrooms in a single layer and cook approximately 2-3 minutes on each side until browned. Remove them to a plate and add oil as needed and cook the carrots for approximately 5 minutes, adding 2 tsp of water to help them steam a bit if needed. Finally, cook the asparagus, approximately 4 minutes, adding water if needed.
4: Add more oil as needed. Cook your top sirloin slices 5-6 pieces at a time, getting the pan hot between each batch. Each piece will take only approximately 30 seconds on each side so it will go quickly.
5. With the meat and vegetables cooked, pour the sauce in over medium heat. Using a rubber spatula, move the sauce around and gently encourage any browning from the meat to release into the sauce. It will thicken and heat within 3-4 minutes.
6. Add the meat and vegetables back into the sauce. Warm through. Serve with the garnishes.
- Category: Weeknight Dinner
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: top sirloin steak, top sirloin stir fry, top sirloin recipe