- 6–7 Cups Cooked Spaghetti Squash *See note
- ½ sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp + 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup of filtered water
- ¾ cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast (optional garnish)
- Sliced fresh basil (optional garnish)
- ½ cup of pumpkin seeds (optional garnish)
“Pizza” Seasoning Blend
- 1 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tsp granulated onion
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- ¼ fennel
- ¼ chili flakes (optional)
- Boil the filtered water and soak the sundried tomatoes to soften for approximately 20 minutes. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of the tomato liquid. Thinly slice them. Mix the tomato paste into the reserved tomato water.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once warmed add 2 tsp oil, and the onion. Cook until softened. Remove add the garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato water/ paste mixture into the pan, and sauté the spaghetti squash, onions, garlic, and sundried tomatoes over medium low heat. Sprinkle the seasoning blend, add in the remaining olive oil, and toss with tongs until things are evenly distributed. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sliced basil, pumpkin seeds, and nutritional yeast. It is delicious hot or cold.
*You can cook it ahead of time and keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. My preferred method is to use a sharp knife and cut the spaghetti squash in half down the middle. Pour approximately 1.5 cups of water into the 6-quart instant pot and cook on high pressure for 9 minutes. Once it’s done, quick release the pressure and test with a fork. You want it tender, and ‘al dente’ as it will cook longer in a skillet. Some squash is denser than others so cook time will vary. You may need to cook each half separately. Let it cool enough to handle, then scoop the seeds out of each half and discard. Using a fork, shred the spaghetti out of their shells. You can keep the shells to use as serving bowls as pictured.