This tender, juicy, melt in your mouth Smoked Pulled Beef Chuck Roast is perfect for a party entree protein for pulled beef sandwiches or taco depending on what you serve it with. It’s pull apart tender, slightly smokey and a way to enjoy chuck roast in the summer months. The hands-on time is minimal and the yield is huge! This method is great to enjoy your company and have something celebratory that’s also economical to serve many.
- 1 (3-4 pound) Country Natural Beef Chuck Roast – Consistently incredible quality and flavor.
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ Tbsp Kosher salt
- ½ Tbsp Cracked Pepper
- 1 Sweet Onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Beef Broth (or chicken)
- 2 cups Apple Juice
- Preheat the smoker to 225 degrees while your chuck roast comes toward room temperature outside of the fridge.
- Pat the chuck roast very dry then drizzle with olive oil and season with the kosher salt and pepper ensuring you generously coat the meat all over.
- Place the roast onto the preheated grill and cook for approximately 3 hours, spraying and saturating the roast once every hour. Work quickly when spraying to minimize the time with the grill open.
- After the third spray down, transfer the chuck roast to a large foil pan with onion and broth / apple juice mixture and place it on top. Increase the heat to 250 degrees, and place it back on the smoker with the thermometer inside until it reads 165 degrees, which is approximately 2 more hours of cook time depending on how large the roast is.
- Once the meat is 165 degrees, tightly cover the grill pan with foil and cook for another 2-3 hours until the internal temperature is 200 degrees.
- You want the meat to feel very tender when you’re inserting the thermometer. Remove the smoked chuck roast from the aluminum pan and let it rest for 30 minutes before carefully shredding. You can mix the meat in with some of the remaining jus. Definitely save some of the jus for reheating leftovers as well.
- Category: Whole30
- Method: Smoker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Smoked beef, Smoked Chuck Roast, Pulled Beef, Pulled Chuck Roast, Smoked Pulled beef