- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 Yellow plantain sliced into ½” half rounds
- 2 Cups of broccoli florets
- 2 Compliant beef sausages, sliced ½” thick
- ¼ Cup of broth (chicken/beef/veggie)
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Green onion, white and light green parts thinly sliced (optional garnish)
- Cilantro (optional garnish)
- Hot sauce or chili flakes (optional garnish)
- HEAT a skillet over medium heat and add the broth.
- COOK broccoli and seasoning, cover for 1-2 minutes until bright green.
- REMOVE the broccoli to a plate.
- SAUTEE sausage until browned and slightly crispy.
- REMOVE sausage to the broccoli plate.
- ADD coconut oil to the skillet and sauté the plantain until golden on both sides
- ADD everything back in to reheat, add the Italian seasoning and kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- SERVE with cilantro, green onion and hot sauce garnishes.