This simple, seasonal meal will be ridiculously quick to prepare and satisfy your family. It uses the Hakurei salad turnips which are abundant and inexpensive at farmers markets or in your product box as well as their delicious greens!
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp grass fed butter or ghee for Whole30
- 1 large shallot, sliced into thin rounds
- 6–8 Hakurei salad turnips and their greens (usually 1 bunch) greens roughly chopped and turnips halved
- 4 eggs
- Heat your well seasoned medium cast iron, carbon steel, or non stick skillet over medium low heat. Melt 1/2 the butter or ghee in the skillet and add the shallots in. Cook the shallots for 2-3 minutes until they are softening.
- Push the shallots over a bit and add the turnips cut side down into the pan. Let them cook for 3 minutes or until they have some color, and then flip them over. Push the shallots and the turnips to a cooler part of the pan.
- Add the remaining cooking fat and then crack the eggs into the pan. Once they’ve set, add the greens and cover the top with a lid for 1 minute to allow the whites to cook and the greens to wilt.
- Finish the eggs to your liking, season the greens, shallots and eggs with salt and pepper to taste and serve them up.
- Category: Whole30
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whole30, Paleo