This recipe for Whole30 Jalapeno Pepper Poppers uses Chomps Grass fed Beef sticks, nut based Whole30 Compatible ‘cream cheese’ and a mix of peppers to create a family friendly snack that is satisfying for everyone.
- 2 Chomps, finely chopped – Use your flavor of choice, but the Jalapeño adds a great kick!
- 8 Ounces Nut Based Cream Cheese – There are several brands, check the ingredients to ensure they are Whole30 compatible.
- 2 Tbsp Everything but The Bagel Seasoning – Adds bold flavor to the otherwise plain cream cheese.
- 18–20 Medium Peppers – You can use all jalapeño peppers for a more traditional ‘popper’ or a mix of jalapenos and sweet baby bell peppers to satisfy everyone.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 475 degrees
- Cut the pepper in half lengthwise and deseed / devein. Take extra precautions to use gloves for the jalapeno peppers or wash hands thoroughly after handling.
- Finely chop up the Chomps sticks. If you’re using Jalapeno and a mild flavor, store them in two separate bowls and divide the nut-based cheese and seasoning between the two. Otherwise add the nut-based cream cheese to the chopped Chomps sticks and sprinkle with the seasoning blend. Using a rubber spatula, mix the ingredients until combined fully.
- Using a small spoon or knife, fill the pepper halves with the filling and place on the parchment paper. If you’re only using baby bell peppers you can eat them as is without roasting in the oven as they are delicious cold. If you’re using jalapenos, or a mix of the two as I did here, I recommend roasting them.
- Once the peppers are all filled, transfer the sheet pan to the preheated oven for 14-16 minutes, depending on the size of the peppers. Finish with 1-2 minutes under the broiler for a little color, watching the peppers closely.
- Serve the Pepper Poppers immediately, adding a little shake of the seasoning over top if desired.
Storing: These are best eaten fresh, but leftover poppers will store for 3 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Reheating: The best way to reheat leftover poppers is in the oven or microwave until heated through.
- Category: Whole30
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free