This easy grilled side dish is a healthy addition to any spring or summer barbecue. It takes no time at all, has only 5 ingredients, and is easily customizable to use whatever herbs you have on hand and prefer. A perfect simple weeknight vegetable side dish that can double as meal prep adding leftovers to bulk up a future meal. It’s quick, Whole30, paleo, gluten free, keto and delicious!
- 5–6 bunches of Hakurei Salad Turnips, greens removed , turnips washed and halved (approximately 1 pound)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsps herbs of your choice, chopped (pictured is dill and parsley)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill to medium high
- Toss the turnips, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until well coated.
- Cook the turnips on the grill or in a grill basket for approximately 5 minutes until tender and charre, mix it up to get color on all sides
- Add the turnips back into the bowl, toss with the herbs and any additional seasoning to taste
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whole30, Paleo, Dairy Free