- 1 lb of the highest quality chicken liver you can find – the deeper/darker red, the better.
- 4 Tbsps. Duck fat/ Chicken Fat, divided
- 2 cups carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1.5 cup of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsps. fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsps. fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard *check your labels
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- ½ Cup of balsamic vinegar *check your labels
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Cook the vegetables in 2 Tbsps. of duck fat until the onions are translucent and the vegetables are getting slightly tender. Move the vegetables to one side of the pan, and add the livers, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, mustard, vinegar, and the rest of the duck fat. Cook, covered, stirring every few minutes until the vegetables are tender, and the livers are cooked. You want some of the moisture to be retained. Let cool. Then blend it up in a food processor until smooth.