- 2 pounds ground dark meat chicken
- 1 Fuji apple, small dice
- ¼ cup caramelized onions*
- ¼ cup of fresh sage, minced
- 1 tsp ground marjoram
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp chili flakes (optional)
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- High heat cooking oil as needed – Avocado Oil, Ghee, High Quality Tallow/Lard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- MIX together all the ingredients, carefully to not overmix.
- CREATE approximately 16 (2) ounce patties (flattened for even cooking)
- FRY patties in cooking oil over medium heat. Take care to cover your skillet during the process to ensure they cook through. The amount of oil will vary depending on the fat content of the meat and seasoning on your skillet.
- COOK through, checking with a thermometer until the internal temperature reaches 165